Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vote for me, or just send chocolate



In case you hadn't noticed, there is a rather large (some might say obnoxiously large) new button to the right. I'm a contender for Sexiest Mom Alive Best Parenting Blog over at Nickelodeon Parents Connect. Out of 50 nominees, I'm the only one who blogs about a kid with special needs, which is disappointing. I mean, I'm grateful and honored, but I wish there were better representation of the special needs community, there are so many great blogs out there.

I love this blog, and I take pride in it. I don't do it for money (THAT'S for sure) or fame, although several people have lately referred to me as Purple Max's mom. I do it because I want to inspire and inform, and in return be inspired and informed by you. I do it because it's cathartic. Most of all, I do it because Max rocks, and I want the world to know.

The nominations are open till June 17, and you can vote here or by clicking on the button, then just scroll down to Max's happy face. The person with the most votes makes it to the finals. You have to register to cast your vote, and you can vote daily (I know, like you have nothing better to do).

Some very popular blogs are in the running, so I'll probably get squashed, but thanks for your support! If you don't vote, no worries, I will still love you though my mom might be mad at you.


Photo/Voice of Eye

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you don't get squashed! I'll go vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll vote for you, early and often! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I vote from Sweden?

    Towe & Tekla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! Tekla I have no idea, but if you want, try? I don't think you'd get arrested or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voted. And if it makes you feel better, yours is the only blog among them that I read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we only vote once??? Yippee for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled for you and this is well deserved!!! And I'm also disappointed/surprised that special-needs parents are so poorly represented. I'll vote and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Ellen. I voted, and I put a link on my bookmark toolbar to remind me to vote daily! I'd love to see a special mom and cyber friend win this! More awareness helps all of our kiddos. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll head on over and vote! I need to share more of my son's journey on my blog...fortunately, you are inspiring me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could vote from Oz so my guess is your Swedish friend can also vote. Also, i voted and ate chocolate because it's cheaper than sending it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. o.k. you've got my vote!!!Good luck, you deserve to win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    Im glad you posted on BF. I have a 6 year old son with hemi CP. I dont have a blog though. Im looking forward to reading your blog, its nice to have other moms of special needs kids to follow.
    Heidi Case

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll vote for you. I retweeted too (dragonfly777). I want you to win :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course I voted for you, just as I always do when you let us know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...